Led by GOCV member Tim Atkin MW, one hundred and six award-winning Spanish wines were announced at the annual Wines from Spain Awards in November 2018. The results followed an extensive tasting conducted by Wines from Spain and a select group of wine trade professionals.
The Wines from Spain Awards represent everything that is best about one of the world’s most exciting wine-producing countries: quality, diversity and value for money. After a day’s very enjoyable judging, an experienced group of retailers, importers, sommeliers and journalists had the enviable task of selecting the best of the best: 106 wines from every corner of Spain.
I think it’s the best Wines from Spain Awards line up yet and I hope you agree with me.Tim Atkin MW, GOCV Member and chair of judges for the Wines from Spain Awards.
The 2018 judges
- TIM ATKIN MW* Chair of Judges
- SARAH ABBOTT MW, Wine Consultant
- SARAH BENSON, Wine Buyer Co-op
- PETER MCCOMBIE MW Wine Consultant
- CHARLES METCALFE* Wine Writer
- CHRISTINE PARKINSON Head of Wine at Hakkasan Group
- NICK ROOM* Wine Buyer Waitrose
- ANTHONY ROSE Wine Writer
- ANA SAPUNGIU MW Wine Buyer Oddbins
- ANNETTE SCARFE MW Wine Consultant
- BETH WILLARD* Wine Buyer Laithwaite ́s Wine
- SIMON WOODS Wine Writer
- NOEL YOUNG Noel Young Fine Wines Cambridge
You can download the full list of award-winning wines below.