Welcome to the GOCV’s guide to the best places to find, read and learn about Spanish wines. This resource will continue to be updated by our members. (Each category is listed in alphabetical order.)
Books (in print)
- Sherry by Julian Jeffs
- The Sherry Book (2018) by Philip Rowles
- The Wines of Northern Spain (2018) by Sarah Jane Evans MW
A selection of the UK’s leading importers of Spanish wines with GOCV members.
Awards and publications (print & online)
- Canopy (IWC)
- Club Oenologique (IWSC)
- Decanter (DWWA & DAWA)
- Google Arts & Culture – Spanish Gastronomy
- Harpers (Spain supplement)
- Imbibe (Sommelier Wine Awards)
- The Drinks Business (Rioja Masters; Spain Supplement)
- Wines from Spain (ICEX)
Denominations of Origin
There are currently 70 Denominations of Origin (DO) across Spain, each with their own unique landscapes, climates, history, viticulture and viniculture. Because of this diversity there is lots to learn and many of the Consejo Reguladors (regulatory councils or governing bodies) provide excellent information online.
To learn more about the wines from some of Spain’s most well known DOs visit their websites listed below.
For more information about these links or if you have a question about the GOCV in the UK please contact us.